Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: sony PC.5 problems

  1. #1
    Inactive Member machead's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 23rd, 2000
    Posts
    410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My little Sony PC5 has just broken down after 6 months of light use.
    Basically the screen turns blue with a yellow boarder with flashing battery icon(even when connected to the mains).
    It's been sent back to Sony for repair(minimum of a 5 week waite for the repair)

    Has anyone else experienced a similar problem with this model?I'm worried there may be a design fault with this model
    thanks

    ------------------
    MACHEAD
    http://www.apple.com

  2. #2
    Inactive Member The_Case's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 18th, 2001
    Posts
    29
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool

    Hi Machead

    Coleague of mine had ?2500 worth of Sony camcorder, and it packed up.

    It was almost new.

    I have friends with similar stories, but of other Sony products.

    I worry it could be a brand-issue (QA).

    I use XL1 for pot-shots, and bigger stuff whenever possible (not easy).

    Wish you good luck, and it is annoying to be without equipment that you expect to be reliable.

    ------------------

  3. #3
    Inactive Member The_Case's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 18th, 2001
    Posts
    29
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi Machead

    Coleague of mine had ?2500 worth of Sony camcorder, and it packed up.

    It was almost new.

    I have friends with similar stories, but of other Sony products.

    I worry it could be a brand-issue (QA).

    I use XL1 for pot-shots, and bigger stuff whenever possible (not easy).

    Wish you good luck, and it is annoying to be without equipment that you expect to be reliable.

    ------------------

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Curtin-Parloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2000
    Posts
    376
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Machead

    Sounds like a problem with your computer to me!


    No, I'm joking.


    Honestly.


    Joking!

    Anyway,
    I want to get a Sony miniDISC recorder for my sound - 'cause Sony are the best, most reliable, right?
    Only my HandyCAM won't play back long play tapes in colour. I don't think it ever did!

    Has Sony lost it?

    On the other hand, both of my 10 year old walkmen (walkmans?) work perfectly...

    Paul

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •